Pot, Meet Kettle
My department has not one, not two, but three different "clubs" you can join - water (for reverse-osmosis, filtered water), coffee (good beans with a nice Espresso/ frother/ coffee machine) and popcorn (air-popped). Every semester the Coffee Czar sends out an email with an ASCII caffeine molecule and a note inviting people to join the coffee club.
The Water Czar is new, and came out because the new coffee machine needed softer water. But joining the Water Club is $5, while the Coffee Club is $25ish - awfully expensive if you just want better water for drinking or making tea. The Water Czar just sent out an email inviting new people to join and included what should have been an ASCII water molecule, but which was accidentally the non-existent H02 molecule. One of the professors replied to all with an email saying, "Good thing we are doing [our field] and not chemistry!"
The thing is, this is the same professor who, last month, on a rather inclement day, caused a fire alarm to go off because he burned popcorn in the microwave (hence, the impetus for the popcorn club - which he still hasn't joined). I was tempted to respond to that email with "Good thing we are doing [our field] and not popping popcorn!" Since I (clearly) lack the balls to do that, I just sent the response to the Water Czar (who is my friend) and a few of my other friends, though we wish we could respond to the list...
Oh, and after burning the popcorn and sending everyone outside, the professor was seen re-entering the building with some fresh popcorn from a nearby business. I guess he was really jonesing for that popcorn.
The Water Czar is new, and came out because the new coffee machine needed softer water. But joining the Water Club is $5, while the Coffee Club is $25ish - awfully expensive if you just want better water for drinking or making tea. The Water Czar just sent out an email inviting new people to join and included what should have been an ASCII water molecule, but which was accidentally the non-existent H02 molecule. One of the professors replied to all with an email saying, "Good thing we are doing [our field] and not chemistry!"
The thing is, this is the same professor who, last month, on a rather inclement day, caused a fire alarm to go off because he burned popcorn in the microwave (hence, the impetus for the popcorn club - which he still hasn't joined). I was tempted to respond to that email with "Good thing we are doing [our field] and not popping popcorn!" Since I (clearly) lack the balls to do that, I just sent the response to the Water Czar (who is my friend) and a few of my other friends, though we wish we could respond to the list...
Oh, and after burning the popcorn and sending everyone outside, the professor was seen re-entering the building with some fresh popcorn from a nearby business. I guess he was really jonesing for that popcorn.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home