Almost over!
Every winter, I have a debate with myself as to whether I hate February or March more. I'm trying to convince myself that February is worse (especially since this has been a particularly lousy February). As such, I celebrate the fact that there are only 4 days left - and 2 of those are weekend. Yay!
Things are continuing to look up though. I've slightly switched my research direction, which has taken a big burden off my shoulders. I'd been working on something for probably a year now and never made good progress, which was really starting to weigh on me. I think (hope) this new idea pans out since I would like to graduate with a PhD at some point. I had been starting to feel like I should just give up, which is terrifying. Grad school really is a mixture of peaks and valleys, hope and despair.
Health-wise, I'm doing better. My diet is all back to normal (thank God). I've had lots of headaches this week, but my doctor is switching one of my medicines, so I'm hoping that will ease the symptoms (and won't come with its own un-fun side effects). I'm cautiously optimistic. And why not be? February is almost over. :)
Things are continuing to look up though. I've slightly switched my research direction, which has taken a big burden off my shoulders. I'd been working on something for probably a year now and never made good progress, which was really starting to weigh on me. I think (hope) this new idea pans out since I would like to graduate with a PhD at some point. I had been starting to feel like I should just give up, which is terrifying. Grad school really is a mixture of peaks and valleys, hope and despair.
Health-wise, I'm doing better. My diet is all back to normal (thank God). I've had lots of headaches this week, but my doctor is switching one of my medicines, so I'm hoping that will ease the symptoms (and won't come with its own un-fun side effects). I'm cautiously optimistic. And why not be? February is almost over. :)
1 Comments:
Pobre chiquita. I would have to weigh in wholeheartedly for February being the cruellest month. By March spring has really begun to spring around here. But I know things are very different where you are, so I couldn't argue if you decided that March was the worse. The best argument in favor of March is that the sun sticks around longer -- it's the combination of the gray, the early sunsets, the cold, and the wet that makes me crazy.
Of course, April is the most suicidal month -- people are still depressed from winter, but are recovering enough to have energy and ambition to plan things. Like their own death.
I'm glad the research is going better. I look forward to hearing about what exactly it is, even if I don't understand it at all.
By
KateMonster, at 11:26 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home