Yuck
Yes, dear readers, it has been a while since I last posted. Unfortunately, I have no fun news to report. Yucky news, but not fun.
I got an acute gastrointestinal virus on Wednesday that sent me to the ER Wednesday night. Now, I know stomach viruses aren't fun when they last 1-2 days, but mine seemed to cram 1-2 days of nastiness into roughly 1.5 hours - with severe abdominal cramping to boot. It took 3 ER nurses a combined 5 tries to get the needle in my vein to draw blood and start administering fluids (and an anti-nausea agent and morphine). I ended up taking 2 liters of saline solution, since after 1 I was still extremely parched and drinking a liter of water at that point probably wouldn't have been the best idea.
So I've been recovering since then and, by golly, I'm tired of recovering. I want to be recovered! I'm still exhausted (sleep at least half the day), not very hungry (<1000 calories), and food that's not straight carbs or extremely lean protein still doesn't sit right. I have been making progress every day, but I still want to spend most of my time on the couch. But I'm tired of it! Out of the past 2 weeks, I've had about 2.5 decent working days because of headaches + this. Argh.
I had hoped to go into work today, but I think I'm going to go take a nap with the kitten, then just try to work some this evening since I still don't care enough to make myself look very good, and walking the 0.85 mi/ taking the bus to the department just seems to take so. much. effort.
I got an acute gastrointestinal virus on Wednesday that sent me to the ER Wednesday night. Now, I know stomach viruses aren't fun when they last 1-2 days, but mine seemed to cram 1-2 days of nastiness into roughly 1.5 hours - with severe abdominal cramping to boot. It took 3 ER nurses a combined 5 tries to get the needle in my vein to draw blood and start administering fluids (and an anti-nausea agent and morphine). I ended up taking 2 liters of saline solution, since after 1 I was still extremely parched and drinking a liter of water at that point probably wouldn't have been the best idea.
So I've been recovering since then and, by golly, I'm tired of recovering. I want to be recovered! I'm still exhausted (sleep at least half the day), not very hungry (<1000 calories), and food that's not straight carbs or extremely lean protein still doesn't sit right. I have been making progress every day, but I still want to spend most of my time on the couch. But I'm tired of it! Out of the past 2 weeks, I've had about 2.5 decent working days because of headaches + this. Argh.
I had hoped to go into work today, but I think I'm going to go take a nap with the kitten, then just try to work some this evening since I still don't care enough to make myself look very good, and walking the 0.85 mi/ taking the bus to the department just seems to take so. much. effort.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home