I ask a lot of questions

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Quick post

1) I totally want to get my hands on this Nature article by Ben Barres that's getting lots of press. Ben's a transgender neurobiologist at Stanford, and he talks about gender discrimination (and the fact that it exists!) from the perspective of someone who has actually been on both sides of the gender divide.

2) I was reading the Parade section this weekend and read an article about Uma Thurman. She has a quote I love: "As much as I've felt like giving up, I've just pushed through. It doesn't mean I'm not a quitter. I'm a super-quitter. I'm dying to quit all the time. But I do put one foot in front of the other and just keep moving."

I also saw her on tv once where she proclaimed that she was a "champion sleeper." :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home