I've been a bad, bad blogger
So this post will be a few updates/ musings.
1. We found out yesterday that my grandmother has Stage I lung cancer. We're worried but optimistic, since the cancer was caught early. I've been reading up on lung cancer, and it seems that her age shouldn't stop the doctors from treating the cancer aggressively. We'll see what the radiation oncologist says on Friday.
2. I was out of town last week, visiting Boy and working with the people I worked with this summer. We're trying to publish the work. We didn't get as much done last week as my advisor would have liked, but I think we'll still be okay. I hope.
3. On a completely flaky note, I enjoy watching the show Project Runway. This season, one of the contestants got kicked off for cheating - he had pattern books when they were specifically prohibited. The season's third-to-last show was a reunion show, and the producers brought the guy back. The hosts asked the cheater if he thought the result was fair. He said no since he didn't like the outcome. That statement has really gotten to me - he clearly doesn't understand
that's there a difference between what is fair and what you like, and I fear that he's one of many in our society who doesn't understand the distinction either. I really wanted the hosts to clarify the point for him, but if they did, it wasn't shown.
1. We found out yesterday that my grandmother has Stage I lung cancer. We're worried but optimistic, since the cancer was caught early. I've been reading up on lung cancer, and it seems that her age shouldn't stop the doctors from treating the cancer aggressively. We'll see what the radiation oncologist says on Friday.
2. I was out of town last week, visiting Boy and working with the people I worked with this summer. We're trying to publish the work. We didn't get as much done last week as my advisor would have liked, but I think we'll still be okay. I hope.
3. On a completely flaky note, I enjoy watching the show Project Runway. This season, one of the contestants got kicked off for cheating - he had pattern books when they were specifically prohibited. The season's third-to-last show was a reunion show, and the producers brought the guy back. The hosts asked the cheater if he thought the result was fair. He said no since he didn't like the outcome. That statement has really gotten to me - he clearly doesn't understand
that's there a difference between what is fair and what you like, and I fear that he's one of many in our society who doesn't understand the distinction either. I really wanted the hosts to clarify the point for him, but if they did, it wasn't shown.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home