I ask a lot of questions

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Okay, I admit it

I don't like thrift shops. I like things that are in good condition - either new or well taken care of, and I don't see that at thrift shops. They always seem dirty, even if they aren't. And they make me feel poor. And I don't like that feeling. Maybe I'm a snob, maybe I just need to get more used to them, but I just don't like them. I went to one today to look for a black purse and some more storage for my kitchen - the furniture was vintage 70s, and I wouldn't have bought any of the purses new.

2 Comments:

  • Some thrift stores are nicer than others. We have one that is run by a Hospice in town. It is clean and the merchandise is lovely. I have seen furniture I'd love to buy, not vintage but newer, nice things.

    I hope you find what you like too!

    By Blogger Joy- Ms. Flamingo, at 5:56 PM  

  • Thanks for the tip!

    By Blogger Random Questioner, at 3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home