Shaken Confidence
Yesterday we had a mixture of snow and freezing rain. Unfortunately, I didn't realize it was going to happen until after I was out and about running errands (we only had a 20% chance, according to the weather websites). Since I was out, I figured I might as well do everything. On the way home, after I'd done everything I'd wanted, I was taking a turn where my lane's traffic doesn't stop, but the road I was turning onto's traffic had a stop sign. As I'm entering the turn, I hear someone honking, which freaks me out and disctracts me, and I lose control of my car on the icy road. Luckily, I wasn't going very fast and there no other cars so I just slid into the curb, which stopped me, but it left me rather shaken. Maybe it would have happened even without the honking, since my car had been sliding around some earlier, but it's left me with even less confidence in my winter weather driving ability than I already had. I really need an all-wheel drive car with ABS.
Note: My usual solution to this problem is to just not drive on days with snow and ice. It normally works because I walk to work and can plan my errands around inclement weather.
Note: My usual solution to this problem is to just not drive on days with snow and ice. It normally works because I walk to work and can plan my errands around inclement weather.
1 Comments:
Yikes, scary... glad you're okay though... :-S We're supposed to get that kind of weather today too.
By
skookumchick, at 9:01 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home