I ask a lot of questions

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Doing what I do best... being random

I have been a bad, bad blogger. It's sad when I can't even manage one a week. In my defense, I had migraines and headaches for about 5 days in a row, and was out of town this weekend. On the upside, I know have an rx for Imitrex, which will hopefully solve those problems in the future (though I took someone else's Amerge on the third day, and it didn't help much, but it may have been too late). And I got to spend a lovely 6 extra hours in ATL, since bad weather not on my flight path delayed my originating flight (coming home), so I missed my connecting flight. Oh well.

I was out of town at a wedding. Boy was a groomsman. It was nice, especially since I got to meet almost all of his college friends. I'd met 4 already, but at the wedding I got to meet about 6 more. I'm jealous that he has such a big group of tight friends from college (he talks to almost all of them at least once a month, but many more like once a week). It reminds me of how suboptimal my college experience was.

I was feeling a little sorry for myself about two weeks ago. Almost everyone I know in grad school who started around my time have graduated or are preparing to graduate within the next year. It will most likely take me 2 more years (I pray that now, when I say 2 years, I really mean 2 years and not "I don't know"). That being said, I've enjoyed grad school. I just hate seeing my friends graduate and move away! And the pay could be better. :)

The wedding was in Montgomery, AL. Though I'm from the South, I'm not from the Deep South, and Montgomery was surprising (I'm also from big/ bigger cities). I don't think we were served/ waited on/ etc by a single white person in the town - there is a *serious* underclass, which made the non-Southern wedding guests I talked to rather uncomfortable. We went to a brew pub near the hotel. It was smoky and there was a redneck band blaring live from the stage. It really made me miss my local brew pub (though the Midwest could use some more color).

I'm now seeing Natural Balance is recalling some of their cat and dog food. I wonder if more of their food might have been effected. I bought some of their low-cal kibble for my munchkin, and she had loose stools her entire time on it (around 6 weeks). I now have an unopened bag of that food I need to get rid of, but don't want to pawn it off yet since some was just recalled. Something is seriously fucked up in our food supply - plastics in wheat gluten, salmonella in peanut butter, e coli in spinach. Luckily, our local farmer's market opens up for spring soon. Yay! (I just hope I can get up in time to actually enjoy it).

I leave you with this post from Twisty, which has really resounded with me, and was very timely since I was contemplating the concept of a victim just last week. (And is probably even more timely considering yesterday's events which I, like Jon Stewart, just can't bring myself to contemplate too much).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home