I call BS
I found a link to this story, and I'm calling bs. The authors may have PhDs, but I must say I'm forced to question who granted them. I've read some of these claims before (I guess when the media picked up on the research the first time), but I still have a hard time swallowing all of these claims. It seems like they're using a bunch of untestable hypotheses in order to make excuses for men's bad behavior. I, of course, clearly have bones to pick with their last claim - that men sexually harass women because they're not sexist, and I'm afraid of what will happen when some man who has been fired for sexually harassing a woman tries to use their "research" to say they are not being discriminatory.
Now, I do not doubt that evolution has played a role in the way humans behave. I just have problems with people confusing correlation and causation to put simplifying labels on complex behavior, particularly when they seem to be picking and choosing which ideas to apply where.
Now, I do not doubt that evolution has played a role in the way humans behave. I just have problems with people confusing correlation and causation to put simplifying labels on complex behavior, particularly when they seem to be picking and choosing which ideas to apply where.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home