I ask a lot of questions

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Love and Hate

Love:
* Saturdays in the fall. RQ ::hearts:: college football. Go teams!
* My new (refurbished) Kitchenaid stand mixer I got on super-sale from Amazon for $120.
* Burt's Bees coconut foot creme. It smells delicious and is helping smooth my sandal-cracked feet.

Hate:
* Fruit flies. 'Nuff said. (They're actually one reason I don't like summers here as much as I could).
* Walgreens: 1) they're EVERYWHERE, 2) way expensive (if I'm going to pay full price or more, I'll shop local, thx), and 3) sell lots of random crap. Ugh.
* The shortening days. If it were up to me, it'd be sunny from 7am-10pm year-round. My dream is to summer in the US, then summer in Australia or New Zealand. :)

In case you're wondering how I'm doing, I'm doing well. :) The trip home was really nice, and I'm still laid back from that. Plus, I feel like the advisor switch + becoming a dissertator has been really good for me emotionally, so I've been doing better in general. Unfortunately, Boy has moved out to his post-doc, so I feel like I have a lot of extra time on my hands and miss having him to come home to. But I've been making an effort to stay active socially, which helps. My advisor has suggested doing an internship out near Boy in the winter months. It's very tempting, but the logistics with the grad school might suck - I think summer would be easier. I'm definitely thinking about it, though.

I've also been needing a little less sleep (maybe I'm finally catching up on my sleep deficit?), which is nice, but further adds to the feeling I have extra time on my hands. I like having some amount of schedule, so I need to figure out what to put in it now. Perhaps I should add a hobby besides watching tv, surfing the web and reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home