Thought I should give everyone an update. I'm doing okay. Thanksgiving week kind of sucked, especially since lots of people were gone and I had nothing to do except shop. Luckily I didn't go crazy so my credit card bill was a little high, but still manageable. Especially since I won't have to pay for any tickets to go see Boy, or get him an Xmas present.
This break-up has been surprisingly hard on me considering it wasn't unexpected. I guess it's because, though the relationship was far from perfect, I was willing to sacrifice and try to make things work, and he wasn't. And that hurts. Yes, I know it means I'm better off without him, but it makes me feel like I duped myself into believing that it could work and that I just wasted 2.5 years of my dating life.
That said, I do think I'm better at figuring at what I do and don't want. And my next boyfriend is not going to be a mama's boy. Or more concerned about his career than me (though that makes me feel selfish). Some of my friends are already ready to set me up with people they know, just as soon as I'm ready to date again. :)
This break-up has been surprisingly hard on me considering it wasn't unexpected. I guess it's because, though the relationship was far from perfect, I was willing to sacrifice and try to make things work, and he wasn't. And that hurts. Yes, I know it means I'm better off without him, but it makes me feel like I duped myself into believing that it could work and that I just wasted 2.5 years of my dating life.
That said, I do think I'm better at figuring at what I do and don't want. And my next boyfriend is not going to be a mama's boy. Or more concerned about his career than me (though that makes me feel selfish). Some of my friends are already ready to set me up with people they know, just as soon as I'm ready to date again. :)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home