Out of the Woods
Kitty got her follow-up kidney test, and her BUN and creatinine levels were normal, so she's officially well. The vet tech was surprised to see a cat with known lily ingestion not have any side effects, so I guess I should count myself lucky. My pocketbook doesn't feel that way, though!
And I think I need to find a new vet. I love the quality of care, but it's really expensive. The follow-up test at the emergency vet was $47; at my normal vet I would have had to pay $42-$57 for a mini-exam (not a full exam - those are $70-$90, depending on the vet) + $95 for the kidney test. The first kidney test at the emergency vet was $65 - but that's still $30 less than at my normal vet. And I didn't have to pay for an exam.
And I think I need to find a new vet. I love the quality of care, but it's really expensive. The follow-up test at the emergency vet was $47; at my normal vet I would have had to pay $42-$57 for a mini-exam (not a full exam - those are $70-$90, depending on the vet) + $95 for the kidney test. The first kidney test at the emergency vet was $65 - but that's still $30 less than at my normal vet. And I didn't have to pay for an exam.
1 Comments:
Ooh! Ooh! Another upside to moving home -- I have a *great* vet who's also very cheap (and very into home remedies when appropriate). They even give out their home phone numbers for emergencies. I had to call them one Sunday evening (when they were apparently having a dinner party) and, even though they'd only seen the Popper once, they gave me advice on what to do and when it was bad enough to take her to the emergency vet. Now everyone in my family has switched over to them.
By
KateMonster, at 3:59 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home