Bleh
This hasn't been the best week. Nothing overly bad, but nothing great. I've been making some progress on my research + job talk, but it hasn't been going very smoothly. I'm afraid I'm starting to have problems with some of my research equipment again. Either that or I accidentally made a small change that royally messed up my experiments. I'm guessing it's (a).
And it's V-Day. I'm ambivalent at best about the holiday when I'm dating, and when I'm single it just makes me grumpy. It's about the one day you can guarantee your coupled friends already have plans. And since most of the friends I have left in town are coupled...
And my belly has been slightly discontent for the past two weeks. It's much better than it had been, but it's still not perfect. Though, as my mom pointed out when I was home, my belly has never been the happiest camper, so I guess I should be used to it by now.
And, I found out today my older brother's diabetes has returned. He'd been in the honeymoon period for over a year, but that seems to be ending. My mom and I suspected that was the case when I was home. He'd had some recent blood tests where his blood sugar was a little high, but his triglycerides were off the charts, and diabetics are notorious for having high triglycerides. But apparently some of his other symptoms had come back - I think maybe a weird feeling in the soles of his feet. So that's sad. I think we'd kind of hoped that his pancreas had magically recovered.
Of course, what else should I expect? It is February after all.
And it's V-Day. I'm ambivalent at best about the holiday when I'm dating, and when I'm single it just makes me grumpy. It's about the one day you can guarantee your coupled friends already have plans. And since most of the friends I have left in town are coupled...
And my belly has been slightly discontent for the past two weeks. It's much better than it had been, but it's still not perfect. Though, as my mom pointed out when I was home, my belly has never been the happiest camper, so I guess I should be used to it by now.
And, I found out today my older brother's diabetes has returned. He'd been in the honeymoon period for over a year, but that seems to be ending. My mom and I suspected that was the case when I was home. He'd had some recent blood tests where his blood sugar was a little high, but his triglycerides were off the charts, and diabetics are notorious for having high triglycerides. But apparently some of his other symptoms had come back - I think maybe a weird feeling in the soles of his feet. So that's sad. I think we'd kind of hoped that his pancreas had magically recovered.
Of course, what else should I expect? It is February after all.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home